- On the morning of the first day, start at the Mt Greylock Ski Club lodge.
- Skin up to a campsite along Sperry Road and spent the night there.
- On the morning of the second day, skin up to the summit of Mt Greylock.
- Ski down the AT and then the full length of the Thunderbolt.
- Start skinning up the Bellows Pipe, then select a location for your overnight camp.
- On the morning of the third day, skin up to the summit of Mt Greylock.
- Finally, ski back down to the Mt Greylock Ski Club lodge.
Greylock Tour Plan
Using the same tour planning template as for the practice ski tour, plan the following route:
All of your ski descents should be on established trails, but portions of your skinning ascents can be -- and are encouraged to be -- bushwhacks.
Consider how your planned times might change if part of a larger group, even of comparable fitness, gear, and abilities. (For the course, our times will be far slower since we will break frequently to conduct training sessions on various topics.)