- Complete gear checklist and email to IOR.
- Complete all the items on the Western Mass MTR1 student checklist.
- Provide proof of an Avalanche Level 1 course.
- Provide proof of an NSP MTRF or MTR1 course (or equivalent training and/or experience).
- Plan a ski tour on Mt Greylock.
- Plan and then go on a practice ski tour with all your overnight gear.
- Construct a snow shelter and spend a night in it.
- Construct an emergency sled and transport a patient across a short distance on snow.
Actions to be completed by one month prior to course start: